To Survive in Life……What It Means?
survive, human beings need to acquire skills of survival. In primitive
lives, it means the skills of protecting oneself against physical harm and the
skills of hunting for food. In today’s society, it literally means the ability
to earn money for a living. It is
important to note that “Having the skills of survival (ability to earn money) does
not necessarily means you know how to live a life.
Ever wonder why famous celebrities commit suicide?
For instance, from International stars such as Robbin
William, Whitney Houston, Amy Winehouse, Kurt Cobain to Asian ones like Teresa
Teng, Leslie Cheung etc. These artists not only have loads of money, they also have
fame and being admired by millions! Why commit suicide?
skills of survival BUT NOT skills of living life.
Another example is pop star Michael Jackson who did not commit
suicide, but he practically struggle to “live his own life” till his death.
To Live Life……What It Means?
While survival skills is a pre-requisite to living, it does not automatically
means we know how to live a life and be happy. In my opinion, aside from the
skills of survival, “Living Life” probably means the list as follow.
- Know yourself,
Be yourself, Think for yourself and finally Create yourself
healthy, energetic and keep on moving forward
- Be positive and forward looking
- Be open-minded and expose yourself to this world as much as
- Learn to love and forgive
- Find your love ones and more importantly spend more time
- Find your best pal who you exchanged listening ears
- Find your passion and do not wait to do it
- Have a hobby and spend time on it
- Never stop learning and developing yourself
- Not afraid of failures, admit and learn from them, then climb
- Continuous education for your next generation
- Know to enjoy and pamper yourself
- Stop being jealous of others, focus on achieving your
- Stop living in the past, and live today without regrets!
Let’s hear from some famous people……
complicated.” – Confucius
we give.”- Winston Churchill
miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.” – Albert Einstein
do-it-yourself project.” – Napoleon Hill
made up of.” – Bruce Lee
the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln